|Dear Advocates for ALL children, it is imperative that Congress acts now to come to an agreement on a COVID relief package. Despite the record-breaking numbers for new COVID-19 cases each day, public schools continue to do the hard work to deliver education in virtual and in‐person settings. There are numerous critical needs that children, families, educators and public schools are facing which must be addressed in the next COVID relief package. National PTA continues to ask Congress to address five key areas:|
1) funding to reopen schools safely,
2) increased support for Title I and IDEA,
3) dedicated funding for remote learning,
4) more resources for family engagement in education, and
5) increased funding for child nutrition programs.Public schools need resources now!
Please contact your Members of Congress today and ask them to provide the critical funding needed to reopen schools. Take action by clicking the link below to go to National PTA website and fill out the form for action.