Register to vote by
March 6, 2019
to be able to VOTE in the
April 2nd Election!
Use the following link to register online
or change your address or your name
Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 9:15am
Bowerman Elementary, 2148 N. Douglas
Our purpose for hosting this event is to provide the opportunity to increase our members’ understanding of the democratic process and the issues affecting children and schools.
All elected officials representing the school district will be invited. Please help by talking to your elected official(s) and asking them to attend.
This will be a question and answer forum, not a debate. Each panelist will be given equal time to present his or her view on the issues discussed. We have at least one prepared question and then we will take questions from the audience as time permits.
We will allow for a 3-minute opening and 3 minutes for panelists to answer each question. A time keeper will be assigned to give a 1 minute, 30 second and time reminder.
- What is the most important issue that is currently being debated (either in Jefferson City or on Capitol Hill) that you feel will have the most impact on our public schools?
- We have significant fiscal challenges in both the federal government and state government. What are your budget priorities and how will they impact our schools?
Please Vote Yes! Proposition SPS! on April 4, 2017.
Springfield Council of PTAs Supports Proposition SPS, and you can, too!
Here’s a link to the Resolution approved at our 3/1/2017 SCPTA meeting. Use this to encourage your PTA/PTSA to support Proposition SPS on April 4.
Help get the word out:
Like and Invite Friends to Like “Quality Schools for Kids” Facebook Page:
Volunteer, Donate and/or Show your support on “Quality Schools for Kids” website:
Include this flyer in your School Newsletter, Share on Social Media, or Handout at your next PTA meeting:
Encourage VOTER REGISTRATION by March 8. See more at this link:
Let’s help Quality Schools for Kids create quality learning environments for all SPS students.
For a complete list of projects, please see this link:
Have questions about the 2017 SPS Bond Proposal? This link from Springfield Public Schools helps answer those Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Encourage your members to REGISTER TO VOTE by MARCH 8, 2017 in order to VOTE APRIL 4, 2017.
Use this link on your social media and websites:
Or post this flyer at your school or place of work:
MISSOURI PTA LEGISLATIVE PLATFORM 2017
These legislative priorities are based on the issues that the Missouri PTA Legislative Department expects to target for the 2017 legislative session. As unexpected issues emerge, Missouri PTA will act in accordance with the resolution and position statements that have been approved by the membership. A complete list of resolutions and position statements are available on our website (www.mopta.org).
Missouri PTA supports:
- Legislation that protects and calls for local control of schools.
- Legislation to strengthen laws designed to protect minors from abuse and increase funding for programs and services aimed at the prevention of child abuse, neglect and maltreatment.
- Legislation that supports increased access to mental health services for children.
- Opposition to tax credits or tax deductions for tuition paid by a parent or sponsors for non-public elementary or secondary school children.
- Enforcement of legislation requiring school districts to have policies that promote increased parental engagement in their children’s education.
- Legislation that will maintain or generate local and state funding for public education.
- Legislation that will safeguard the educational and personal records of students.
- Legislation that would protect children and youth from being discriminated against based on race, religion or sexual orientation.
Missouri State PTA Office
2101 Burlington Street
Columbia, MO. 65202
You won’t want to miss legislative alerts from National PTA or Missouri PTA. Make sure you are up-to-date, informed and ready to take action by signing up at these links:
Missouri PTA: http://mopta.org/jc-dc-take-action/
National PTA quick sign up: http://www.pta.org/advocacy/takesaction.cfm?navItemNumber=3451